What a great way of eating those salad greens that pesky nutritionists always implore you to ingest! Low-carb, too!
The recipe originally came from Alton Brown. It yields about 1.5 cups of dressing and keeps for at least a week in the refrigerator. And sorry, but there’s no way to veganize this recipe.
What You’ll Need
- a bowl
- a fork
- a whisk
- measuring cup and measuring spoons
- a jar
- 4 ounces Maytag Blue Cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, purchased or homemade1
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper (freshly ground makes all the difference!)
How to make the dressing
- Place the cheese into your bowl
- Using your fork, mash it up.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, whisking until they are fully mixed.
- Put the dressing into a jar and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour (overnight is even better), allowing the flavors to meld.
1Omit the garlic and chive from this recipe if you are making your own mayonnaise for this salad dressing.